With this widget, you can easily advertise your Zazzle products. Zazzle is free to join and easy to use.
There are a few options for configuring this widget in the options panel for the plugin. These options help you customize the look and feel of the widget:
- The size of the product images shown.
- The number of products shown, configurable by rows and columns.
- The background color of the products (to match your own site design).
- Show product title along with the image.
You can also customize the products the widget displays:
- Show products from a particular Zazzle store.
- Show products from a particular Zazzle store and product line.
- Show products from a particular Zazzle store filtered by query terms.
- Show products related to the context of a page or post (based on the post tags).
- Randomize the products shown each time.
- Upload files to wp-content/plugins/zazzle-widget
- Activate it through the plugin management screen.
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets and drag and drop the Zazzle Widget to wherever you want to show it.
- Configure the widget
What is Zazzle?
Zazzle enables content owners to unlock their entire libraries of content, making it available for purchase and customization by consumers. Through the Zazzle platform, users can instantly create, customize to fit their personal style, purchase and sell a near infinite array of products online.
How do I create multiple instances of the widget?
Just drop additional Zazzle Widgets from Appearance -> Widgets to whereever you want to show it.
How do I set the product line?
Goto any Zazzle store and browse by product line. You will see a url like this – http://www.zazzle.com/mozilla/cg-196920087940457858. The digits following ‘cg-‘ is the product line id. Enter this as the value for Product Line in the configuration section.
How do customize the Zazzle Widget per WordPress post?
The Zazzle Widget can be customized per post using WordPress custom fields. For example, you can set your store in the main widget configuration and show different product lines on different WordPress posts or pages. The fields that can be customized are:
- Title: (wid)_title – show a different widget title per post.
- Store Name: (wid)_store_name – show a different store per post.
- Product Line: (wid)_product_line – show a different product line per post.
- Search Term: (wid)_search_term – show products based on a different search term per post.
Here is how:
- If you have more than one instance of the Zazzle Widget, assign each instance a unique Widget Id in the configuration section – e.g. zw1, zw2, zw3.
- Goto the edit view of a post and then to the Custom Fields section.
- Add a Custom Field name and value pair using the Widget Id and supported field – e.g. name: zw1_store_name, value: mozilla.